Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 1 - Not a pyro, I promise



So it begins...I am going to start to take at least one photo a day and blog about it.  My goal in this is to try different techniques with my camera, teach myself to compose better photos, and share them with those who read this or are interested. I imagine to start my subjects are going to be reoccurring, from my dogs KC and Breck, to things around my house, and maybe trips to our new home when construction starts.

So for my first day, I waited till the end of the day to even start taking photos to choose from.  These photos of our fire pit I used one of my older zoom lenses, that I rarely use anymore as I prefer my faster prime lenses to do most of my photos with.  The first photo I took with full automatic mode and no post processing.  The lens is a Tamron 28-55mm f/4-5.6.  The second I used the shutter priority mode and set it to open for six seconds, hence the photo appearing to be during the day when it was taken later than the first, and used my handy tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment