Sunday, May 29, 2011

day 2 - drive by shooting


So these photos I got during some time I was back at Jills parents just driving around the area and exploring what I don't usually get to see hanging out with the family.  The first is a perspective type shots, I always like these, some are taken on rail road tracks but I found a county road that just didn't look like it got much traffic on it and only had the two wheel trails or ruts there.


I liked the idea of this photo at the Burlington spillway, there were some nice elements, the waterfall, the tree hanging over the edge.  However, my execution wasn't so great, I was a little hamstrung by the timing doing this during the middle of the day around 1pm or so, so the shadows were pretty harsh, and I tried to correct the white balance manually to get some better colors but that didn't work either. I would have liked to have had some more cloud cover or do it closer to dusk, and done a little time lapse to get more of a flowing feel to the water.


This picture, well I literally was driving by and saw this little guy scurrying (as if turtles scurry) across a gravel road.  So I stopped the car and from the drivers seat I took this with a 200mm lens since I wasn't sure if I took the time to change lenses if he'd get going again.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were into photography Ethan. Really cool pics! I love taking pictures too, but my love is capturing people when they don't know I'm taking their picture with happy, natural smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kara! I love to take pictures of people too, I just don't get too many opportunities with just Jill and Me, or I don't have my camera with me. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

    ReplyDelete