Monday, July 28, 2014

Photo Class Week 4

I'll admit right away, I originally wasn't that sure how well I'd like this session, we were going to have some one come in an "model" for portraits.  I'm pretty sure still I wouldn't be a very good photographer of someone I didn't know, not really one to tell some one else how to stand, smile, look etc.  But on the other hand the techniques we learned and the information about how to use studio lighting that was fun. Just seeing the way the lights affected the mood of a photo I was taking really was cool. It was very interesting to see how positioning the model, versus where the light or how many lights were used changed a setting.  Below are some of my favorites, no Photoshop here, right from the camera. I actually think I composed some pretty good ones here.  In the end this was a really fun day.  Below are the pics with a description of where and how many lights were used to do the picture.
 One Light Forward and to the left
 One Light directly to the left
 Two Lights, first is forward and left second is down and pointed at the background
 Two lights, Left and behind to the back ground
Two lights, directly left and one behind pointed at her from right side
Single light from behind pointed at her
One light directly in front slightly up
Single light directly over head
Two lights one behind at screen with blue filter, second from behind at her
Ok so I forgot here how many lights but I do know the power was much higher on all and a white back ground
Single light behind her pointed at the background
Single light below, forward and left of her, with a honeycomb screen
Two lights, one forward and left, second low and to the screen with a blue filter and honeycomb (personally my favorite)
Similar to above, with wider honeycomb filter, no color
Light over head, was looking to show the affect of a patterned metallic background
Single Light, ring aparatus
Single light in broad daylight, bad framing
Same lighting as before, better framing
Single light in shade medium to low power
Similar to above, but higher power flash...with a little help from the sun (unintentional)

No comments:

Post a Comment