Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 13 - Crazy Night





It was one crazy evening, Jill and I were just sitting around the house, I was reading a book, and she was watching a movie.  The wind had been blowing like crazy, like it has all summer but I kept hearing this thumping noise on the roof, thought maybe there were some loose shingles or something. So I went outside, and the wind was blowing pretty good out of the south but then all of sudden it just stopped, calm, nothing.  I thought thats weird and then I looked to the sky to the Northwest and saw some clouds rotating near Colwich.  By the time I went inside to see if there was anything on TV the sirens were on, and I had Jill get to the basement, and I went and took pictures, and move my pick-up in the garage. It wasn't long before we sat through some ridiculous weather, winds changed to the north, the temperature dropped, then no wind again, monsoon rains then sheets of rain. And then came the three rounds of hail, although golf ball was maybe all the bigger we got but we got a lot of little stuff.  Then the Sun came back out. The last picture was around 9pm is the water around the neighbors yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment